Our volunteer staff is an important part of the hospital’s operation. You see their smiling faces in the Gift Shop, at the information desks and transporting patients. We also have volunteers, like the Bootscooters, who represent Decatur Morgan outside of the walls of the hospital. Local clergy volunteer their time providing chaplain services to our patients, staff and visitors.
We love our volunteers!
Teen Volunteer Progam
The Teen Volunteer Program is offered during summer vacation each year. Students, 14 years or older, are eligible to participate. Teens accepted into the program volunteer 6 hours each week.
Download a teen volunteer application or pick one up in the Decatur Morgan Community Relations Department or the Volunteer Center of Morgan County. Applications are accepted all year and reviewed each spring. For more information, please call Community Relations at (256) 973-2145.
- You must be at least 14 years of age and a current student.
- You must have parental consent if you are less than 18 years of age.
The following items are required for all individuals requesting to participate in the Shadow/Observation Program:
- All volunteers must attend orientation with a parent or guardian.
- Evidence of TB skin test within the past 12 months
- Proof of immunizations
Volunteers receive many benefits:
- Complimentary meal on day(s) of service
- Complimentary parking in the parking deck on day(s) of service
- Complimentary membership to the Friends of DMH Auxiliary
- Initial and annual TB skin test
- Annual flu shot
- Education and safety programs
- Recognition programs for hours and years of service